Who is the PARD Working Group?
The Public Access to Research Data Working Group was charged with investigating the current landscape of data sharing at IUPUI and creating a plan to increase awareness and provide education of campus stakeholders around public access to research data. We conducted this work during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Increase awareness and education of campus stakeholders regarding the value of public access to research data and the support available to researchers at IUPUI
- Surface existing use cases/success cases on campus to document and learn from those examples
To achieve these goals, we completed the following activities:
- Conducted an environmental scan of IUPUI researcher behavior (who is sharing data, who is not, why) and services to support research
- Identified local champions for data sharing to demonstrate realized benefits
- Identified incentives that would be meaningful to faculty at IUPUI
- Interviewed peer institutions doing good work in this area (e.g. UNC-Greensboro and tie to community engagement)
- Created a website to make visible the support for data sharing & reuse and view other outputs of the Working Group
- Wrote a report with recommendations for OVCR